Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pizza Night

COLT: "Mommy, can I help you make the pizza?"

ME: "Well sure you can" as I sit him up on the counter (safety first you know)

COLT: "Thank you Mommy!! Thank you!! You make me sooo happy!"

After I laugh to myself. . . and we pull the pizza crust out of the oven - - - -

COLT: "A rectangle Mommy! You made me a rectangle! Thank you! That is AMAZING!" (I am NOT making this up. . . the kid was cracking me up with his enthusiasm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colt's prayer for his pizza dinner:

(Note: we have been encouraging him to "branch out" and pray a little more than "God, thank you for the food. Amen." I think he got it.)

"God, thank you for this pizza, and my plate, and my fork, and my milk, and my cup, and thank you that Mommy woke up (I had been sleeping off a night shift from work). And thank you for Mommy's pizza, and Mommy's plate, and Mommy's water. And thank you for Daddy at school. AMEN."