Friday, September 23, 2011

Colt has been on a roll recently:

Lately he has been quite passionate about brushing his teeth (several times a day). Last night, he brought his toothbrush and toothpaste to me, but I wanted to put his pajamas on first. So he put them down. . . and before I knew it I guess he thought it would be fun to JUMP ON THE TOOTHPASTE! Note to self Colt: "this produces an explosion of blue toothpaste on the white carpet." That was exciting.

Today we were reading a book about animals. He was telling me, "Gorillas are mean, Mom. But CHIMPOLINES are really nice!" (Chimpanzee-Trampoline mix maybe? Not sure)

I know I'm not an artist, but Colt usually asks me to draw pictures with him anyway. Tonight was a request for race cars on a road. I didn't think it was THAT bad, but Colt informed me that it looked like an alligator. Go figure.

We've been reading Bible stories before naps and bedtime. . . Colt has been really looking forward these stories, and actually was teaching some to Kylie. He told her about the Tower of EYEBALL where God made the people speak different languages because they were trying to get to heaven. But that's not how you get to heaven Kylie. Jesus is how you get to heaven." That was so sweet to me - minus the "Tower of Eyeball" part.

LASTLY, I walked into Colt's room while he was playing with a friend, and he told me to leave! Well, we had a little discussion on how that is not kind and it hurts people's feelings. He shouldn't say that to anyone, especially not to Mommy who loves him so so much! Needless to say, I did NOT leave. About a minute later he said to me, "Mommy, you need to go see what Daddy is doing." That was clever Colt.